Monday, March 10, 2014

Two Month Anniversary

     Today, the 10th of March, is a special day for two reasons.  First, it is the 13th birthday of our dear granddaughter, Ryanne Denning.  She is growing into such a wonderful young lady.  We wish her a very Happy Birthday.  We love you Ryanne.
      And second, it is the two month anniversary of my fall while we were taking our walk which resulted in two broken limbs.  To celebrate this day we just walked, very slowly, to the corner grocery store and back with a few groceries.  Wow!!!! A walk with my sweet eternal companion was the best way to celebrate this anniversary.  I am healing and making strides daily.  This week, Tuesday through Friday, I was able to serve in the temple for my whole morning shift.  I came home totaled each day, iced and laid around the rest of the day but we are thrilled that my stamina is improving.  Saturday I only lasted from 4:30 AM to 6:15AM but that gave the local workers time to get there and take over for me.  My right ankle has healed from the tweek it got last week and my left ankle has stopped swelling altogether.  I am now doing two sets of my leg exercises three times a day.  Is the pain all gone?  Of course not, it is a broken kneecap.  Is it all healed?  Of course not, it has only been two months.  But we are thrilled with the miracle we have received with the recovery process going so fast and smoothly.  So our medical report is that all is well.
     We have no new pictures this week.  Sorry, but we have not gone anywhere or done anything noteworthy.  We did join the Ward Choir yesterday and did fulfill our assignments in the Temple each day.  We are enjoying the sunshine, although on Thursday night we had our first thunder and lightning storm with lots of rain.  But woke up to another beautiful day. 
      We pray that each of you are well and safe.  We do live in a beautiful world and hope that with spring on its way, we can all get out and enjoy the creations of our Heavenly Father.  We send our prayers and love your way and thank you for your prayers in our behalf.  Life is wonderful.  It is truly a blessing from a loving Heavenly Father.  Love Lon and Nancy, Dad and Mom, Grandpa and Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment